West Brom star recalled by parent club ahead of Norwich City clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
West Brom were dealt a body blow ahead of Saturday's clash against Norwich City with the loss of on-loan star Harvey Barnes.
Barnes has been recalled by his parent club, Premier League Leicester City and is in contention for their match against Southampton.
Baggies boss Darren Moore said: 'We're obviously very disappointed to see Harvey go as he has clearly played an important role for the team over the first half of this season.
'He has been a pleasure to work with and a popular figure within the club.
'We are proud to have played a role in his development and we have nothing but good wishes for him in his future career.
You may also want to watch:
'Harvey grasped his opportunity and I am now confident that some of the many talented young players here will follow his example.'
Barnes' deal at The Hawthorns was for a full season but had a break clause, which Leicester have decided to exercise.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show