“Harrison Reed was immense” – Norwich City fans enjoy 2-0 win over Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira kick-started Norwich City's new era under Daniel Farke with a crucial goal against QPR on his return to the Canaries starting line-up – which was capped by a spectacular Harrison Reed strike.
The striker's fine finish from a wonderful Mario Vrancic pass in the 48th minute put the Canaries in control after a drab opening half, before midfielder Reed blasted a superb second in the 82nd minute to wrap up a first victory of the season.
Reed's was undoubtedly the more memorable goal but it was the significance of Oliveira's second of the campaign which sparked the smiles at Carrow Road, following on from Sunday's poor 3-1 home loss to Sunderland.
The Portuguese front-man sparked controversy when scoring a dramatic late equaliser at Fulham on the opening day, tearing off his shirt and holding it up to Farke in apparent protest at starting on the bench. The issue was dealt with superbly in public by the German, as well as in the dressing room by City's senior players, and now key man Oliveira is back on the goal-trail.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction following the win above
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs