STARTING XIs: Hanley on the bench again as City name unchanged team for Brentford battle
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has once again shown his faith in consistency of selection after naming the same starting XI for this afternoon's Championship battle at Brentford.
In fact, City's coach has named the same 18-man squad as four days ago, which were beaten 4-3 by Derby at Carrow Road, despite today's match being a fourth league game in 11 days of a busy festive period.
That leaves club captain Grant Hanley on the bench again, with Christoph Zimmermann retaining the faith of his head coach despite his error for Derby's winner and recent illness.
The Canaries are looking to bounce back from a 12-game unbeaten run being brought to an end by that dramatic home defeat to Derby on Saturday, featuring a floodlight failure delay when 3-2 ahead.
Brentford make three changes to their starting XI though, with Moses Odubadjo and Josh McEachran replaced in midfield by Henrik Dalsgaard and Kamohelo Mokotjo, and Ollie Watkins replaced by Said Benrahma.
You may also want to watch:
The Bees have won just two of their 13 matches since Thomas Frank stepped up from assistant following Dean Smith's exit for Aston Villa in October, nosediving from seventh in the table to 18th.
However, they are unbeaten in three having beaten Bolton 1-0 in their last home game and drawn 1-1 at Bristol City and 0-0 at Birmingham during the festive period.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Klose, Godfrey; Tettey (C), Vrancic, Cantwell, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Pinto, Trybull, Marshall, Rhodes, Srbeny
BRENTFORD: Bentley; Konsa, Jeanvier, Barbet; Dalsgaard, Sawyers, Mokotjo, Henry; Benrahma, Maupay, Canos. Subs: Daniels (GK), Odubajo, McEachran, Sorensen, Da Silva, Judge, Watkins