Gunn keeps clean sheet on his debut for England
Norwich City youngster Angus Gunn kicked off his international career with a clean sheet for England Under-16s in their friendly against Slovenia.
Goalkeeper Gunn played the first half of a 0-0 draw at the Bonifika Stadium in Koper.
The 15-year-old, who made his first appearance in the FA Premier Academy League for Ricky Martin's City Under-18s just 11 days ago, was one of six debutants in the starting eleven for head coach Kenny Swain's Young Lions.
He made way for Portsmouth 'keeper Tom Fry after the first of two 40-minute halves.
It was third time lucky for the son of former City goalkeeper and manager Bryan Gunn after the Victory Shield match against Northern Ireland, in which he was set to make his debut, was postponed twice.
You may also want to watch:
Said Gunn snr: 'I spoke to Martin Thomas, the England goalkeeping coach, and he said Angus looked very composed and dealt with everything that came his way, but didn't have too much to do in the game.
'It's been a nice way to ease himself into international football. On the last two occasions, the game against Northern Ireland was called off a couple of hours before kick-off.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
'It's an opportunity to keep developing as a goalkeeper and it has been quite a couple of weeks for him after making his debut for the under-18s.'
Diego Poyet, son of Brighton manager Gus, captained the England side in Slovenia.
Gunn's debut represents further international recognition for the Canaries' goalkeeping production line at Colney with Robert Green, Joe Lewis, Declan Rudd and Jed Steer among those who have progressed to the England ranks at different levels.
England's Victory Shield campaign resumes when they take on Northern Ireland at Ballymena on Wednesday, March 23. They then face Scotland at Morecambe on Wednesday, March 30. Both fixtures have previously been postponed twice.