“Great team spirit and fight” – Canaries fans thrilled by dramatic late equaliser against Hull
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are making the most of a dramatic late equaliser which snatched a deserved 1-1 draw against 10-man Hull at Carrow Road.
Nelson Oliveira's clever flick from close range sparked pandemonium among the home support as Daniel Farke's team stretched their unbeaten record to eight games.
It may have only been a point, for their third home game on the bounce, but it felt like an important moment for a developing City squad hit by a string of injury problems.
As well as the drama of the game, fans soon realised after the game that the point had moved the Canaries up to eighth in the Championship table – and a point above Ipswich.
The Tractor Boys had looked likely to be above their arch rivals in the standings ahead of next Sunday's derby clash at Portman Road, following a bright start to the season.
You may also want to watch:
However a 1-0 loss for Mick McCarthy's team at high-flying Sheffield United has seen them slip below Norwich ahead of that battle.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back