“Great team spirit and fight” – Canaries fans thrilled by dramatic late equaliser against Hull
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are making the most of a dramatic late equaliser which snatched a deserved 1-1 draw against 10-man Hull at Carrow Road.
Nelson Oliveira's clever flick from close range sparked pandemonium among the home support as Daniel Farke's team stretched their unbeaten record to eight games.
It may have only been a point, for their third home game on the bounce, but it felt like an important moment for a developing City squad hit by a string of injury problems.
As well as the drama of the game, fans soon realised after the game that the point had moved the Canaries up to eighth in the Championship table – and a point above Ipswich.
The Tractor Boys had looked likely to be above their arch rivals in the standings ahead of next Sunday's derby clash at Portman Road, following a bright start to the season.
However a 1-0 loss for Mick McCarthy's team at high-flying Sheffield United has seen them slip below Norwich ahead of that battle.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight