Former Norwich City footballer Grant Holt signs wrestling deal with WAW
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A Canaries legend is preparing to climb into the ring as he swaps football for wrestling.
World Association of Wrestling (WAW) have announced that former Norwich City star Grant Holt has signed a deal with them - and it's for more than just one show.
A preview image has been shared on Twitter advertising Fightmare 3 in 2019, a wrestling show where Holt will team up with Roy and Zak Knight, also known as the UK Hooligans.
However fans have been advised to keep their eyes peeled at all upcoming WAW events in case Holt makes an appearance.
WAW was founded in 1994 in Norwich by Ricky Knight, Saraya Knight and Jimmy Ocean.
You may also want to watch:
The Knight family have made a name for themselves in the wrestling world, with their daughter, Paige, taking WWE by storm and The Rock making a film about them.
The film, called Fighting With My Family, is to be released on March 1, 2019.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
• Are you excited to see Grant Holt wrestle? Let us know in the comments below.