Former Norwich City footballer Grant Holt signs wrestling deal with WAW
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A Canaries legend is preparing to climb into the ring as he swaps football for wrestling.
World Association of Wrestling (WAW) have announced that former Norwich City star Grant Holt has signed a deal with them - and it's for more than just one show.
A preview image has been shared on Twitter advertising Fightmare 3 in 2019, a wrestling show where Holt will team up with Roy and Zak Knight, also known as the UK Hooligans.
However fans have been advised to keep their eyes peeled at all upcoming WAW events in case Holt makes an appearance.
WAW was founded in 1994 in Norwich by Ricky Knight, Saraya Knight and Jimmy Ocean.
The Knight family have made a name for themselves in the wrestling world, with their daughter, Paige, taking WWE by storm and The Rock making a film about them.
The film, called Fighting With My Family, is to be released on March 1, 2019.
- 1 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 2 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 3 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 4 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
- 5 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 6 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 7 New headteacher appointed at village high school
- 8 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 9 Plans for 13 new homes near historic former railway line
- 10 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
• Are you excited to see Grant Holt wrestle? Let us know in the comments below.