Grant Holt is in line to face Norwich City at Carrow Road after Huddersfield loan extension
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Former Norwich City cult hero Grant Holt is poised to make a Carrow Road return with loan club Huddersfield before Christmas after extending his loan spell from Championship rivals Wigan.
Holt is in line to spearhead the Terriers' attack this weekend at City's East Anglian rivals Ipswich, and the 33-year-old will be back on familiar territory when Town travel to Norfolk for a scheduled Championship test on December 13.
Huddersfield officials announced on Friday evening Holt had extended his original loan until December 28, which will take him to the maximum 93 day period allowed under the Football League's emergency rules.
Holt has scored one goal and provided two assists in a successful five-game stint for the Terriers' who have pulled away from the lower reaches of the table under new boss Chris Powell.
'I'm delighted that we've managed to secure the services of Grant for the rest of 2014,' said Powell. 'His initial time at the club has been a great success; he's had an immediate impact on the team and has played a role in our unbeaten five game run. Although that run is down to every player rather than solely Grant, it is fair to say he has been a catalyst.
'We quickly made it clear to Grant that we wanted to extend his loan at the Club, so then the decision out of our hands. Thankfully, a lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to agree the deal with Wigan and Grant has subsequently decided he's enjoying his football and wants to stay.'
Holt scored 78 goals in 168 appearances for Norwich during a productive four-year spell that included a double promotion from the Football League and Premier League survival. The Hall of Famer is the only player in the club's history to have won three consecutive player-of-the-year awards.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 7 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 8 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 9 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?