Grant Holt is in line to face Norwich City at Carrow Road after Huddersfield loan extension
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Former Norwich City cult hero Grant Holt is poised to make a Carrow Road return with loan club Huddersfield before Christmas after extending his loan spell from Championship rivals Wigan.
Holt is in line to spearhead the Terriers' attack this weekend at City's East Anglian rivals Ipswich, and the 33-year-old will be back on familiar territory when Town travel to Norfolk for a scheduled Championship test on December 13.
Huddersfield officials announced on Friday evening Holt had extended his original loan until December 28, which will take him to the maximum 93 day period allowed under the Football League's emergency rules.
Holt has scored one goal and provided two assists in a successful five-game stint for the Terriers' who have pulled away from the lower reaches of the table under new boss Chris Powell.
'I'm delighted that we've managed to secure the services of Grant for the rest of 2014,' said Powell. 'His initial time at the club has been a great success; he's had an immediate impact on the team and has played a role in our unbeaten five game run. Although that run is down to every player rather than solely Grant, it is fair to say he has been a catalyst.
You may also want to watch:
'We quickly made it clear to Grant that we wanted to extend his loan at the Club, so then the decision out of our hands. Thankfully, a lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to agree the deal with Wigan and Grant has subsequently decided he's enjoying his football and wants to stay.'
Holt scored 78 goals in 168 appearances for Norwich during a productive four-year spell that included a double promotion from the Football League and Premier League survival. The Hall of Famer is the only player in the club's history to have won three consecutive player-of-the-year awards.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp