Graham Dorrans signs new three-year deal to stay at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Graham Dorrans is the latest Norwich City player to pledge his future to the club after extending his stay for another two years.
Dorrans had one year left on his existing contract but has signed a new three year deal keeping him at Carrow Road until 2019.
City chief Alex Neil made it clear earlier this summer amid reported interest from Rangers that Dorrans would be a key figure in his Championship plans and the Scot is delighted to keep him on board.
'The last time we were in the Championship Graham had a big part to play in getting us up,' he said. 'It's good business because he'll be an important player for us this season. We want to get a balance between guys who have been there and done it before while also freshening things up.
'If you look at other sides, most teams in the Championship would want a player like Graham so it was important that we hung onto him.'
Scottish international Dorrans has made 44 appearances for the club, after turning an initial loan stint into a permanent move from West Brom in 2015.
'I'm delighted to get it over the line and am looking forward to getting started now,' he told Norwich City TV. 'When I first arrived I settled in quite quickly. I was made to feel really welcome and my family have settled into the area really well too, so I'm really pleased to be staying.
'I've been promoted from the Championship a couple of times now so it will be good to get going again. The Championship is a tough league, which we know, but I'm sure we'll push on and challenge.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
'We've had a tough couple of weeks at the start of pre-season but we're all feeling better for it. We're now looking forward to the friendlies and getting match fit again.'