Glory of Norwich’s derby domination as told in numbers
- Credit: Archant
Steve Sanders, from the excellent Twitter account @NCFCnumbers, comes up trumps ahead of the weekend's East Anglian derby...
• 1 – SUCCESS IN SUFFOLK
Since the turn of the century, Norwich City have picked up more points at Portman Road (22) than any other away ground.
• 2 – EAST ANGLIAN DERBY LEAGUE DOUBLES
Between 1956-1993; Ipswich 4 times; Norwich 0 times
You may also want to watch:
Between 1994-2015; Norwich 4 times; Ipswich 0 times
• 3 – RELIABLE CANARIES
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
Norwich City have scored in the last 21 meetings between the two sides, dating back to Leon McKenzie's double on debut in December 2003.
• 4 – GREAT SCOT
Alex Neil has managed more games without losing than anyone else in the derby, five matches.
• 5 – A FORMERLY GREAT SCOT
Paul Lambert won his first five matches in East Anglia as the away manager with an aggregate score of 19-4, but has failed to win in his last three.
• 6 – THE UNBEATABLES
Eight Norwich City players have at least five unbeaten appearances in East Anglian derbies since 2008: Wes Hoolahan (10); John Ruddy, Russell Martin (7); Alex Tettey, Cameron Jerome (6); Timm Klose, Steven Whittaker, Jonny Howson (5).
• 7 – WHEN WILL THEY EVER BEAT THEM?!
Ipswich Town's current playing squad have a combined 51 East Anglian derby appearances and have no wins.
• 8 – AN UNUSUAL DUO
Only two players have scored home and away in the same season in East Anglian derbies since 1990: Lewis Grabban in 2014/15 and Jonas Knudsen in 2016/17.
• 9 – WHAT A WAY TO START
The current Norwich City squad have had the following firsts at Portman Road:
First appearance – Grant Hanley
First league appearance – Max Aarons
First league start – Emi Buendia
First goal – Moritz Leitner
• 10 – DON'T STOP BELIEVING...
Norwich City have scored more goals in all competitions in the final 20 minutes of games this season (29) than Ipswich Town have in total (24).
•You can follow Steve's stats on Twitter @NCFCnumbers