City confirm coaching appointment
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Christopher John has joined Daniel Farke's backroom team at Norwich City.
The Championship leaders have added the former SC Paderborn U21s' assistant coach their backroom team - following the recent departure of Matt Gill to Ipswich Town - with John joining the squad flying out to Tampa for warm weather training on Monday.
The club confirmed the news on Sunday morning, after German football magazine Revier Sport reported on Friday John was set to be reunited with Farke.
The 30-year-old played as a midfielder for SV Lippstadt during the City head coach's time in charge of the lower league club, before he left for Borussia Dortmund II in 2015.
He retired in 2016 and joined Paderborn II's coaching staff but the German media was touting him for a role involving video analysis and coaching with the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
Farke brought assistant Eddie Riemer, first team coach Christian Fluthmann and head of performance Chris Domogalla across from Dortmund when he joined in May 2017.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend