George Francomb signs for AFC Wimbledon after Norwich City release
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former City full-back George Francomb is the latest of the Canaries' released players to secure his short-term future after joining League Two outfit AFC Wimbledon.
Francomb spent three-months on loan at the Dons last season and will link up with Neal Ardley's squad ahead of the new campaign.
'We were very sorry to lose George when he went back to Norwich because he was probably the highlight for us in a struggling team at the time,' Ardley told the Dons' official site. 'I really enjoyed working with him then because you could see the quality that he had. As soon as I knew that the player would be leaving Norwich I threw my hat into the ring. I spoke to his agent in early May because I knew that I would have to do a bit of work to get him. I had to try and put the budget in place so that we could make an offer that could bring George back here.'
Francomb follows on from Tom Adeyemi who signed a two-year deal at Championship club Birmingham earlier this week. Francomb's fellow academy graduate Korey Smith joined Oldham last week.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace