Holt hoping to get the nod for Scottish top-flight gig
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City player and coach Gary Holt has been interviewed for the managerial vacancy at Scottish Premiership Livingston.
Holt has been out of the senior game since leaving his role as first-team coach at Carrow Road back in the summer of 2016, following a difficult season alongside manager Alex Neil as the Canaries were relegated from the Premier League.
Fellow former Scotland international Kenny Miller has also been in discussions with Livi, having left Glasgow Rangers as a player at the start of the summer.
Livi are expected to make a decision imminently, with St Johnstone boss and former Canaries goalkeeping coach Tommy Wright plus Carlisle academy coach Gavin Skelton also linked with the vacancy.
The club's players returned to pre-season training earlier this week, with assistant boss David Martindale taking charge.
You may also want to watch:
After finishing Championship runners-up to St Mirren, Livingston won the Premiership play-off final that relegated Partick Thistle to the second tier.
But David Hopkin rejected a new contract with Livi following successive promotions, in the hope of securing a job in England.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Champions St Mirren also saw their highly-rated young manager Jack Ross leave – to take charge of League One Sunderland.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…