Game over for Norwich City or can they revive their Championship play-off bid?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's slender play-off hopes suffered another blow against Championship strugglers Burton Albion.
The Canaries' miserable away form and capacity to leak goals has been a constant theme of an inconsistent campaign. In this case the statistics do not lie.
City have won four away league games. The poorest total of any side in the top 12. Only Nottingham Forest and Rotherham United have conceded more goals than the Canaries' 32 on the road, which included shipping nine at title contenders Brighton and Newcastle United.
The lowly Millers were one of the clubs to inflict a painful defeat on Alex Neil's squad, which continues to stunt any realistic prospect of a late promotion push.
We have picked out some of the lowest moments in a video timeline to illustrate the damaging number of self-inflicted defeats in a season which started with so much promise in a 4-1 win at Blackburn, and saw Norwich briefly go top in September.
Ipswich Town lie in wait at Carrow Road this weekend but even if City maintain their impressive home form they must try to find a cure to their travel sickness in upcoming trips to the likes of Huddersfield, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday to have any say in the promotion shake-up.
Both Leeds and the Owls could be a distant 10 points clear of Norwich by the time the Canaries kick-off on Sunday lunchtime. Which begs the question, have Norwich already blown their bid for a Premier League return at the first time of asking?
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
• Watch the timeline and cast your vote for where you think the Canaries will finish in the Championship standings. The poll will continue to run throughout the week.