Game over for Norwich City or can they revive their Championship play-off bid?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's slender play-off hopes suffered another blow against Championship strugglers Burton Albion.
The Canaries' miserable away form and capacity to leak goals has been a constant theme of an inconsistent campaign. In this case the statistics do not lie.
City have won four away league games. The poorest total of any side in the top 12. Only Nottingham Forest and Rotherham United have conceded more goals than the Canaries' 32 on the road, which included shipping nine at title contenders Brighton and Newcastle United.
The lowly Millers were one of the clubs to inflict a painful defeat on Alex Neil's squad, which continues to stunt any realistic prospect of a late promotion push.
We have picked out some of the lowest moments in a video timeline to illustrate the damaging number of self-inflicted defeats in a season which started with so much promise in a 4-1 win at Blackburn, and saw Norwich briefly go top in September.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town lie in wait at Carrow Road this weekend but even if City maintain their impressive home form they must try to find a cure to their travel sickness in upcoming trips to the likes of Huddersfield, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday to have any say in the promotion shake-up.
Both Leeds and the Owls could be a distant 10 points clear of Norwich by the time the Canaries kick-off on Sunday lunchtime. Which begs the question, have Norwich already blown their bid for a Premier League return at the first time of asking?
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
• Watch the timeline and cast your vote for where you think the Canaries will finish in the Championship standings. The poll will continue to run throughout the week.