Gallery: Fantastic images of Norwich City’s big day out in Milan
- Credit: Edward Jackson
In an age where the selfie is king and almost everyone is armed with a device on which to store their memories, it's heartening to be able to turn back the clock and see events through the eyes of one man – and his camera.
Keen photographer Edward Jackson was kind enough to provide us with these fantastic pictures from a big day out for Norwich City in Milan back in December, 1993.
He has shared the images ahead of tomorrow's legends exhibition between Norwich and Inter Milan at Carrow Road, in aid of the Community Sports Foundation.
'I was fortunate to be able to attend this game at the San Siro (although it had just been renamed of course) and was a keen photographer (I still am),' recalls Edward. 'I took a compact 35mm camera with me to record the day, using colour negative film, as you did back then and took lots of pictures...
'I was in my 40s then and am 69 now. Whilst in my 20s I worked at the Lynn office of the EDP on the commercial side, mostly fudging and distributing the EEN, alongside office manager Syd Pooley, chief editor Frank Keeler and photographer John Hocknell. Of course I befriended John and learned a lot about photography from him, and we are friends to this day.'
You may also want to watch:
Thanks for sharing your memories, Edward.
• Scroll through the photos below
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
Norwich City Legends: Bryan Gunn, Darren Huckerby, Adam Drury, Spencer Prior, Gary Holt, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, Grant Holt, Mark Bowen, Rob Newman, Daryl Sutch, Youssef Safri, Paul McVeigh, Robert Ullathorne, John Polston, Phil Mulryne, Andy Marshall, Darren Kenton, Scott Howie, Mark Walton, Ade Akinbiyi, Lee Power, Mike Walker (manager)
Inter Forever: Jurgen Klinsmann, Javier Zanetti, Nicola Berti, Marco Materazzi, Giogos Karagounis, Francesco Colonnese, Massimo Paganin, Giuseppe Baresi, Alessandro Bianchi, Francesco Toldo, Sebastien Frey, Houssine Kharja, Ousmane Dabo, Mikael Silvestre, David Suazo, Riccardo Ferri (coach)
• Tickets are £9.93 for adults and £1.93 for U18s and are available at tickets.canaries.co.uk, by phone on 0844 826 1902 or from the ticket offices at Carrow Road, Castle Mall or Chapelfield.
• For more about the Build The Nest campaign see thenest.org.uk
• If you would like to support CSF, donations can be made at communitysportsfoundation.org.uk