Gallery: Fantastic images of Norwich City’s big day out in Milan
- Credit: Edward Jackson
In an age where the selfie is king and almost everyone is armed with a device on which to store their memories, it's heartening to be able to turn back the clock and see events through the eyes of one man – and his camera.
Keen photographer Edward Jackson was kind enough to provide us with these fantastic pictures from a big day out for Norwich City in Milan back in December, 1993.
He has shared the images ahead of tomorrow's legends exhibition between Norwich and Inter Milan at Carrow Road, in aid of the Community Sports Foundation.
'I was fortunate to be able to attend this game at the San Siro (although it had just been renamed of course) and was a keen photographer (I still am),' recalls Edward. 'I took a compact 35mm camera with me to record the day, using colour negative film, as you did back then and took lots of pictures...
'I was in my 40s then and am 69 now. Whilst in my 20s I worked at the Lynn office of the EDP on the commercial side, mostly fudging and distributing the EEN, alongside office manager Syd Pooley, chief editor Frank Keeler and photographer John Hocknell. Of course I befriended John and learned a lot about photography from him, and we are friends to this day.'
Thanks for sharing your memories, Edward.
• Scroll through the photos below
- 1 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 'Emotional experience' as couple reopen swimming pool to the public
- 4 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 5 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 6 'Unusual' cottage for sale in one of Norfolk's smuggling villages
- 7 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 8 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 9 WATCH: Car becomes engulfed in flames at side of Norfolk road
- 10 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
Norwich City Legends: Bryan Gunn, Darren Huckerby, Adam Drury, Spencer Prior, Gary Holt, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, Grant Holt, Mark Bowen, Rob Newman, Daryl Sutch, Youssef Safri, Paul McVeigh, Robert Ullathorne, John Polston, Phil Mulryne, Andy Marshall, Darren Kenton, Scott Howie, Mark Walton, Ade Akinbiyi, Lee Power, Mike Walker (manager)
Inter Forever: Jurgen Klinsmann, Javier Zanetti, Nicola Berti, Marco Materazzi, Giogos Karagounis, Francesco Colonnese, Massimo Paganin, Giuseppe Baresi, Alessandro Bianchi, Francesco Toldo, Sebastien Frey, Houssine Kharja, Ousmane Dabo, Mikael Silvestre, David Suazo, Riccardo Ferri (coach)
• Tickets are £9.93 for adults and £1.93 for U18s and are available at tickets.canaries.co.uk, by phone on 0844 826 1902 or from the ticket offices at Carrow Road, Castle Mall or Chapelfield.
• For more about the Build The Nest campaign see thenest.org.uk
• If you would like to support CSF, donations can be made at communitysportsfoundation.org.uk