Full steam ahead for Norwich City powerhouse Vadis Ofoe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Neil Adams expects Belgian international Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe to prove his class over the course of the Canaries' Championship promotion charge.
The 25-year-old made his home league debut in a late cameo during Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Leeds and with Kyle Lafferty now suspended and Wes Hoolahan injured the powerhouse is poised to feature in this weekend's trip to Sheffield Wednesday.
Ofoe was City's top summer transfer target to replace QPR-bound Leroy Fer and Adams revealed yesterday the ex-Club Bruges midfielder is now fighting fit after an early season thigh injury.
'He joined us with that little problem and it hampered his progress,' said Adams. 'He trained regularly but I don't think he was able to train in the manner he is now. You would have to ask him how much that affected him, but I could see compared to the games that we had watched him play previous to him signing that he was not the same in pre-season. I spoke to him and said I need you sharper and better and at the levels you are capable of.
'He is clear of his injury now and he has looked a lot sharper which is why we used him the other night and he has trained well again since the Leeds game.'
You may also want to watch:
Ofoe showed enough against the Whites to suggest he can make his mark in England.
'He can score goals with both feet, he is powerful and confident to take the ball anywhere,' said Adams. 'What you tend to find with Vadis is he can cover all the pitch and sometimes that can be a little detrimental because you want him to cover just one area. He is an attacking midfielder who can surge with the ball and can affect the game. Certainly a Vadis Ofoe running at you with the ball is what opposition teams won't really relish.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls