Fulham U18s 1, Norwich City U18s 2
Norwich City saw off another big challenge when they came back from a goal down to beat their nearest rivals at Motspur Park on Saturday.
Fulham began the day two points behind leaders City in Group A of the FA Premier Academy League, and they took the lead on 14 minutes when Marsh-Brown hammered the ball past Jed Steer from 10 yards.
But Norwich responded inside two minutes - Matt Ball did well to make ground through the middle before despatching a through ball which undid the tall Fulham centre backs, and Josh Dawkin calmly tucked the ball inside the far post.
Norwich were unlucky not to go ahead on 24 minutes as Ryan Oakley collected a free-kick and from the right whipped the ball with accuracy inside the Fulham penalty area, but Kelly, diving in full length, could not make a connection with his head.
Norwich took the lead on 26 minutes, with Fulham down to 10 men after Maloney picked up his second yellow card within a matter of minutes. The official pointed to the spot, and Ball converted.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly saw a downward header from Remy Gordon's corner cleared off the line, Dawkins shot wide and Dobbs tried with a smart drive. Ball should have done better than shoot wide on 57 minutes.
But Fulham were not out of the match in the final stages, Trotta glancing a header over the bar as they pressed for an equaliser.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
• City: Steer, Barker, Gordon, Florence, Jones, Habergham, Oakley, Dobbs, Dawkin, Ball, Kelly (Loza, 74). Subs not used: Gunn, Clunan, Simons, Toffolo.