Fulham debutant Emmanuel Frimpong happy with a point against Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fulham debutant Emmanuel Frimpong had a slightly different experience at Carrow Road to the last time he faced a top-flight side.
The on-loan Arsenal midfielder played in the Gunners' 7-5 League Cup victory at Reading before a temporary spell at Championship outfit Charlton. And on Saturday the 21-year-old got to show Martin Jol what he could offer.
'Yes, this was a bit different to that game,' he said. 'I think both teams were quite equal. It was a hard game and I am just glad that we came away with a point.
'I enjoyed it. It was a difficult game to come in to not having played a game in a while. We are quite happy with a point. Obviously we would have liked to have won the game but Norwich is a very good team.
'They work hard and I think we found it a bit hard sometimes. But as a team, I think we have to be satisfied. I think we were identical. Playing the way we play, I think we are quite similar. It showed – there weren't a lot of chances.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR