Fulham accept Aston Villa bid for Norwich City target Ross McCormack
- Credit: PA
Aston Villa have had a bid accepted for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.
Norwich City have been chasing the 29-year-old all summer and have been in intense negotiations with the Cottagers over the past week.
However, the Canaries haven't been able to get a bid accepted and Villa have taken advantage and now appear to be in pole position to secure his signature.
It remains to be seen whether the Canaries match Villa's offer.
A brief Fulham statement said: 'The club can confirm that a bid has been accepted from Aston Villa for Ross McCormack.
You may also want to watch:
'Further details will be announced in due course.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low