Fulham accept Aston Villa bid for Norwich City target Ross McCormack
- Credit: PA
Aston Villa have had a bid accepted for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.
Norwich City have been chasing the 29-year-old all summer and have been in intense negotiations with the Cottagers over the past week.
However, the Canaries haven't been able to get a bid accepted and Villa have taken advantage and now appear to be in pole position to secure his signature.
It remains to be seen whether the Canaries match Villa's offer.
A brief Fulham statement said: 'The club can confirm that a bid has been accepted from Aston Villa for Ross McCormack.
You may also want to watch:
'Further details will be announced in due course.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks