Fulham 2, Norwich City 1 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's defeat at Fulham.
Sunday Mirror: 'Norwich were given a stark lesson in Premier League quality by Clint Dempsey and a Fulham team who appear to be on the up.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'Dare to wear bright orange boots and you had better play well. Clint Dempsey did just that, for the first half at least, and ultimately steered his side to victory.'
The Observer: 'With Fulham in the ascendancy it looked as if the visitors could be on course for a thrashing similar to the one they had received on their previous trip.'
- 1 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 4 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
- 5 New headteacher appointed at village high school
- 6 Plans for 13 new homes near historic former railway line
- 7 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 8 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 9 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 10 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
The Sunday Times: 'The second half saw Norwich profitably change their tactics, with Hoolahan pulling the strings in midfield . . . there could well have been a Norwich equaliser.'