Former Canaries defender in play-off success
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City defender Timi Odusina helped Hartlepool United back into the Football League after a dramatic play-off final victory on Sunday.
Hartlepool looked to be on their way to victory over Torquay United in the National League showdown at Ashton Gate, after Luke Armstrong's first-half strike.
But deep into stoppage time, Torquay keeper Lucas Covolan headed in a dramatic equaliser, only for Hartlepool to go through after a penalty shoot-out.
Odusina joined Hartlepool a year ago after he was released by the Canaries, having already had a successful loan spell in the north-east.
Former Canaries academy keeper Ben Killip - who had loan spells at Lowestoft and King's Lynn Town, was an unused sub for Hartlepool.
Hartlepool's delight at ending a four-year absence from league football meant disappointment for former Dereham Town striker Danny Wright, who missed his effort in the shootout.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job