Former Norwich City striker Chris Brown gives Doncaster a boost before League Cup tie at Carrow Road
Former Norwich City striker Chris Brown gave Doncaster a boost ahead of their Capital One Cup trip to Carrow Road when his late goal earned them a point against Stevenage in League One on Saturday.
Brown's fourth goal of the season gave Rovers a 1-1 home draw as they rallied in the second half.
Stevenage stole the initiative in the 16th minute when the unmarked Oliver Risser headed home a Philipe Morais cross.
Rovers' Dave Syers had a goal disallowed for offside on the stroke of half-time.
Brown levelled after 79 minutes when a cross from the left was headed back across the face of goal by Rob Jones and he lashed the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Brown then went close to a winner when his volley was saved by Chris Day.
Second-half substitutes James Harper, Iain Hume and James Husband all put forward their case for a starting place in Wednesday's third round tie.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue