Former Norwich City starlet Tom Adeyemi links up with Canaries’ Championship promotion rivals Cardiff City
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Norwich-bred former Canaries' midfielder Tom Adeyemi revealed he did not have to think twice before completing a move to City's Championship promotion rivals Cardiff.
Adeyemi sealed a switch from Birmingham for an undisclosed fee on Thursday after signing a three-year deal with the Bluebirds.
The 22-year-old was released by his hometown club in 2013 after making 17 senior appearances for the Canaries but Adeyemi is confident Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's squad will be in the with Norwich to make an instant Premier League return.
'I took no persuading from the manager to come,' he said. 'It was a fantastic opportunity for me to work with somebody like him and to play for a club like Cardiff City. I'm very pleased that everything has been completed ahead of the season and now I can focus on fighting for a place in the side and helping us get the season off to a great start. From the outside looking in, Cardiff City has a very strong squad that will challenge for a quick return to the Premier League this season.'
Solksjaer admitted he had tracked Adeyemi's career since his Norwich City youth days.
'I've been keeping an eye on Tom's progress for a very long time. A few years ago, my Manchester United reserve side played against Norwich's first team and Tom was their standout player,' he said. 'He scored a great goal that day and stood out as a fine talent, even at that young age. Tom has a physical presence, drive and energy – up and down the pitch. He can dictate games and is great at winning and anticipating second balls. We've been interested all summer and I'm thrilled we've got our man ahead of the season kick-off. We are looking to the future and we want Tom and the others playing for us in the top flight next year.
'What's more, Tom is an intelligent young man with a great personality – the kind of character we want around the training ground. He plays with a smile on his face and we're very much looking forward to seeing him perform for Cardiff City.'
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today