Former Norwich City star jailed
Former Norwich City loan star Elliot Omozusi has been jailed after he intimidated a young witness who helped secure convictions in a murder case.
Defender Omozusi, who played 24 times for the Canaries in 2008/09, while on loan from Fulham, was found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court and jailed for two and a half years.
The conviction was connected to the murder of Agnes Sina-Inakoju, 16, who was shot outside a fast food restaurant in Hackney, London, in April last year and died two days later.
A witness, aged 18, helped police track down the teenager's killers, with four men convicted after a trial.
The witness was placed under a witness programme. But Omozusi and two other men bumped into the witness on a chance encounter in Liverpool in May this year.
The court heard the three men, including Omozusi, chased the witness, who ran into police officers shouting 'They're going to kill me.'
Omozusi, 22, of Southwell Close, Grays, and two other men in their 20s were convicted of witness intimidation. Three more men in their 20s were cleared of the charge.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
As well as his stint at Carrow Road, Omozusi also played for Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient.