Former Norwich City midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu could be set for Birmingham City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Youssouf Mulumbu is interested in potentially linking up with Sebastien Bassong at Birmingham City.
Former Canaries defender, Bassong, is reportedly set to sign a deal until the end of the season with Harry Redknapp's side but the big centre half could be joined by Mulumbu, who remains a free agent after being released by City this summer.
It could lead to an unlikely reunion this weekend with Birmingham the visitors to Carrow Road although even if the pair were to sign it would be a huge surprise if either were involved given their lack of match fitness.
Mulumbu, 30, was one of the casualties of City sporting director Stuart Webber's cull this summer and hasn't been able to find another club.
The midfielder signed on a free transfer from West Brom in 2015 but his time at Norwich was blighted by injury as he made just 24 appearances over two seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Newport County defender Jay Foulston is interesting the Canaries. The 16-year-old, who is a left-sided centre back, made his debut for the Welsh side in a 2-0 win over Southend in the League Cup last month and has reportedly spent time at Norwich training with their academy recently.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train