Former Norwich City loanee Dani Pacheco defends Twitter remark
Liverpool forward Dani Pacheco's use of the word 'negrito' in a Twitter message to team-mate Glen Johnson forced the young Spaniard to defend himself on the social networking site.
The 21-year-old, who had a spell on loan at Norwich City towards the end of the 2010-11 season, used the term when wishing the England international luck as he headed to Poland for Euro 2012.
He tweeted: '@glen_johnson good luck negrito!!!!'
Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez was banned for eight matches for using the same word towards Manchester United's Patrice Evra in a match at Anfield in October.
When Pacheco received a couple of critical comments in response to his message he wrote: 'I Allready (sic) explained in past what Negrito could mean. Good or bad depends how you say it. I always called @glen_johnson it in terms of love.
'Last tweet about it. @glen_johnson speaks Spanish and he knows what that mean when I say it to him. He is one of best mates there for me.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK