Former Norwich City goalkeeper Rob Green leaves West Ham
West Ham chairman David Gold has confirmed that England goalkeeper Rob Green will leave the club this summer.
The former Norwich City star, 32, will be out of contract at the end of June and has not agreed new terms despite the Hammers' promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.
Former captain Matthew Upson left Upton Park as a free agent last year and Green is now set to follow suit having been linked with Tottenham, QPR, West Brom and Spanish side Malaga.
Gold wrote on Twitter: 'Robert Green is a free agent he has chosen to move on. Matthew Upson did the same thing.'
He added: 'Nobody wants Rob to leave but nothing is for ever, he must do what is best for him and we must do what is best for us.'
You may also want to watch:
Green was an unused substitute as England beat Belgium 1-0 at Wembley on Saturday in their final warm-up ahead of Euro 2012. He joined the Hammers from Norwich for �2m in 2006 and made 241 appearances.
Manager Sam Allardyce has lined up Bolton's Jussi Jaaskelainen as Green's replacement.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
It is believed that the 37-year-old Finn, who is also out of contract, will sign next week subject to passing a medical.
Jaaskelainen will compete with Stephen Henderson, whose loan move from Portsmouth became permanent last month, to be the club's number one next season.
� Fenerbahce have announced the signing of Dirk Kuyt from Liverpool. The Holland striker has signed a three-year contract with the Turkish giants, the club confirmed on their official Twitter account.
The 31-year-old, who moved to Anfield from Feyenoord in 2006, found first-team starts hard to come by under Kenny Dalglish last season.