Football friends! Swindon midfielder Conor Thomas can’t wait to come up against Norwich City’s James Maddison
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It will be a case of friends reunited when Norwich City take on Swindon in the first round of the Carabao Cup.
The tie could see Swindon midfielder Conor Thomas come up against Canaries youngster James Maddison after the pair came through Coventry City's academy together.
Thomas is relishing the prospect of going toe-to-toe with his best mate in August, while hoping that he will be able to walk away from Carrow Road with the bragging rights.
'James is one of my best friends in football and I have a lot to do with him,' said Thomas, who also runs a sports programme alongside Maddison. 'We've been together throughout the off-season so hopefully we both get a run out, Swindon come out on top on the night and I get the bragging rights!
'It will be good to test ourselves against them and hopefully we will give a good account of ourselves. Hopefully it will be an entertaining fixture.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed