First team coach Gary Holt leaves Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Gary Holt has parted company from Alex Neil's backroom team at Norwich City by 'mutual consent'.
The Canaries confirmed the departure of Neil's former first team coach on Tuesday afternoon. Holt cited the need for a fresh challenge as a head coach or manager behind his decision to leave the club.
'I've had some great and memorable times at Norwich City both as a player and as a member of the coaching staff,' he said. 'Now the time is right for me to seek a fresh challenge as a head coach or manager and I want to thank everyone at the club and the fans for their support for me over the years.'
A club statement read: 'City can confirm first team coach Gary Holt has left the club by mutual consent, with immediate effect. A former Canary midfielder, Holt has had two spells on the coaching staff at Colney. He was assistant academy manager from 2010 until 2013, when he joined Scottish side Falkirk as their manager.
'He returned to Norwich in 2014 to become first team coach under then manager Neil Adams and continued working in the role after Alex Neil took over in January 2015. As a player the Scottish international made 182 appearances for the Canaries between 2001 and 2005 and was a key part of the side that won the second tier title in 2003-04 under Nigel Worthington.'
You may also want to watch:
There has been no indication who will replace Holt in Neil's backroom team ahead of the Championship kick-off on August 6.
City boss Neil added: 'We'd like to thank Gary for his dedication and hard work for the club over the years. Myself, the staff and players at Colney wish him all the very best in the future.'
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast