‘All I can say is a big thank you to our supporters’ – Farke so grateful to Canaries faithful for reaction to defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The resounding roar which filled Carrow Road despite defeat to Stoke has sent Norwich City's players into the international break in good spirits.
Losing 1-0 thanks to an unfortunate Timm Klose own goal brought an end to an eight-game unbeaten run but was greeted by a fine reception after the final whistle, in recognition of the Canaries' recent efforts.
'I must say I'm pretty, pretty proud of our fans again because we had a brilliant atmosphere,' City head coach Daniel Farke said.
'We were united at Carrow Road and we had so much support. It is not easy when you lose a home game but I got the feeling that our supporters were there with a really good feeling for what the players did.
'The players left their hearts on the pitch and were there with an outstanding performance. For that I think they felt how disappointed the players were, especially my young lads. This is important for Todd Cantwell, Max Aarons, Jamal Lewis and Emi Buendia that they have this support in the end and they get this applause.
'All I can say is a big thank you to our supporters, really well done and big compliments.'
Another positive despite a first loss in nine games was the return of winger Onel Hernandez, coming on for a lively late cameo in the 71st minute after missing five games due to hernia surgery.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
'You could see in the last 20 minutes, I got the feeling that normally this was a bit too long for him, but with his style and ability in one-against-one offensive situations and with his pace that he was able to create a lot for us,' Farke added.
'I think he did and it was a pretty energetic performance and he created many good moments for us.
'Sadly we were not there with a late goal to have at least a well-deserved reward but it is like it is and we are happy that Onel is back.'