Swashbuckling Norwich City get Daniel Farke’s vote after a 3-1 Rotherham fightback
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke hailed Norwich City's 'Three Musketeers' who inspired a 3-1 comeback win over Rotherham United to return to the top of the Championship.
Todd Cantwell opened his senior account for the Canaries before teeing up Max Aarons for a first league goal, but Farke was also keen to include the contribution of Jamal Lewis in another stirring Carrow Road victory.
Teemu Pukki added the polish after Richie Towell had put Paul Warne's side in front.
'It was good to have Todd back and fully fit. It is important not only to be there with good performances but that you add some end product,' said Farke. 'That is what he did with a beautiful goal and brilliant assist. Also for Max Aarons, a sign of quality that in this right back position you are not only able to close your wing but to assist and score goals. He did that at Cardiff and this was a crucial goal.
'It was not 6-1. It was an important point. Jamal Lewis also played a key role in tactical terms and what we wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
'Unbelievable how many chances we missed. Teemu could have already won the prize for the best goalscorer in the league this season in this one game. So many chances. 'Rotherham were full of confidence, they had nothing to lose. They concentrated on defending their goal but they had set pieces and counter actions. After conceding the goal, which was avoidable, it was even more difficult.
'We needed 10 or 15 minutes to come back into the game but for the last 65 minutes we were brilliant. A well-deserved win.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement