Fans have their say on 2014/15 Championship fixture list
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Norwich City fan columnist Ian Clarke gives his verdict on the fixtures - and fans on Twitter have their say.
There were several eye-catching aspects – and a huge irony – when I looked through City's fixtures for next season.
A start at Wolves certainly isn't the easiest opener, especially as the newly-promoted Midlanders will be well and truly up for it from minute one at a packed Molineux.
I can't ever remember a local derby so early in a campaign and that gives some real spice to the first month.
Something which was really notable about looking at the list was the appearance of names such as Brentford, Bournemouth and Rotherham, when last year we had been preparing to lock horns with Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Well, if any City fans hadn't woken up to the reality of relegation, the publication of the fixtures has ensured we all need to smell the coffee.
The early reaction from lots of fans was that it is a tough start.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
I think having three of the first five games at home, gives us a decent chance to get points on the board.
The big irony comes when you look at the match at Saturday May 2 at Carrow Road. If you could have guessed one game to the end the campaign it would be against Fulham.
We must hope we have enough fuel in the promotion can by then so we don't have to rely on getting anything from the West Londoners.
But at the end of the day, we have to play everyone twice, so let's get the dates in our diaries and get on with cheering the Canaries back to the top flight.
• Buy tomorrows EDP and Evening News for an eight-page fixtures supplement with everything you need to know on Norwich City's 2014/15 Championship season and a special focus on the return of the Ipswich derby.