‘Keep writing us off, keep on underestimating us!’ – Fans hail Canaries’ character after fightback at West Brom
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are hailing the spirit of Daniel Farke's squad after a late Jordan Rhodes goal earned a hard fought 1-1 draw away to promotion rivals West Brom.
The Canaries had deservedly trailed 1-0 at the break after a 12th minute goal from Dwight Gayle and needed two fine Tim Krul saves to keep them in the game early in the second half.
Head coach Daniel Farke's double substitution in the 81st minute did the trick though, with Kenny McLean and Jordan Rhodes coming on and combining for the equaliser, with Rhodes scoring his sixth Championship goal of the campaign.
The fightback was enjoyed by over 2,700 Canaries supporters at The Hawthorns – but needed another vital stop from Krul in injury-time to make sure of the draw.
It extended an unbeaten away league run to 12 matches for Daniel Farke's team but wasn't enough to retain second place in the table, with Sheffield United's 1-0 home win over QPR enough to move the Blades up to second on goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 8 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 9 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day