‘Keep writing us off, keep on underestimating us!’ – Fans hail Canaries’ character after fightback at West Brom
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are hailing the spirit of Daniel Farke's squad after a late Jordan Rhodes goal earned a hard fought 1-1 draw away to promotion rivals West Brom.
The Canaries had deservedly trailed 1-0 at the break after a 12th minute goal from Dwight Gayle and needed two fine Tim Krul saves to keep them in the game early in the second half.
Head coach Daniel Farke's double substitution in the 81st minute did the trick though, with Kenny McLean and Jordan Rhodes coming on and combining for the equaliser, with Rhodes scoring his sixth Championship goal of the campaign.
The fightback was enjoyed by over 2,700 Canaries supporters at The Hawthorns – but needed another vital stop from Krul in injury-time to make sure of the draw.
It extended an unbeaten away league run to 12 matches for Daniel Farke's team but wasn't enough to retain second place in the table, with Sheffield United's 1-0 home win over QPR enough to move the Blades up to second on goal difference.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 4 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 5 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 6 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 7 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 8 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 9 West Norfolk beach named the best in the east
- 10 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k