‘Farke is living rent free in Lambert’s head. Unbelievable’ – Norwich fans relish more derby day dominance over Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are making no attempt to hide their delight following this afternoon's 3-0 victory over arch rivals Ipswich Town, which included former Canaries boss Paul Lambert getting being shown a red card.
Onel Hernandez had sparked the action by opening the scoring within 90 seconds of kick-off but the Tractor Boys made Daniel Farke's high-flying team work hard to reclaim top spot in the Championship table.
It all kicked off just before half-time though after a poor Jon Nolan tackle on Max Aarons, with a brawl involving players and coaches in front of the dugouts, resulting in Lambert being sent to the stands and City's head of performance Chris Domogalla also being shown a red card.
The Canaries were looking nervy as the rock-bottom Blues desperately pushed forward knowing they needed a win, only for Emi Buendia to twice tee up top scorer Teemu Pukki to finish the job in the 65th and 80th minute.
The victory extended Norwich's dominance of the East Anglian derby to 12 matches, stretching back to November 2010, and also moved Farke's side back to the top of the Championship table, five points clear of third-placed Sheffield United.
• Take a look at some of the best of social media reaction above and below
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash