‘Farke is living rent free in Lambert’s head. Unbelievable’ – Norwich fans relish more derby day dominance over Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are making no attempt to hide their delight following this afternoon's 3-0 victory over arch rivals Ipswich Town, which included former Canaries boss Paul Lambert getting being shown a red card.
Onel Hernandez had sparked the action by opening the scoring within 90 seconds of kick-off but the Tractor Boys made Daniel Farke's high-flying team work hard to reclaim top spot in the Championship table.
It all kicked off just before half-time though after a poor Jon Nolan tackle on Max Aarons, with a brawl involving players and coaches in front of the dugouts, resulting in Lambert being sent to the stands and City's head of performance Chris Domogalla also being shown a red card.
The Canaries were looking nervy as the rock-bottom Blues desperately pushed forward knowing they needed a win, only for Emi Buendia to twice tee up top scorer Teemu Pukki to finish the job in the 65th and 80th minute.
The victory extended Norwich's dominance of the East Anglian derby to 12 matches, stretching back to November 2010, and also moved Farke's side back to the top of the Championship table, five points clear of third-placed Sheffield United.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of social media reaction above and below
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed