‘Very tight with a lot of tough games’ – Canaries fans assess 2018/19 Championship fixtures
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The fixtures are out and Norwich City fans have been picking their standout matches as the new Championship season takes shape.
The Canaries are set for their second season under head coach Daniel Farke, hoping to improve on 14th place last season amid huge changes on and off the pitch as the club adjusts to the financial realities of life outside the Premier League.
Norwich City 2018/19 Championship fixtures: Opening-day trip to Birmingham awaits
An opening-day trip to Birmingham awaits, ahead of a first home game against West Brom the following Saturday, who have just dropped out of the Premier League. A trip to Sheffield United is followed by Carrow Road clashes with Preston and Leeds.
The first East Anglian Derby fixture arrives on September 1 at Portman Road, with the return fixture at Carrow Road on February 9 – although both are likely to be moved back a day to Sundays.
The festive period is favourable for Canaries fans, with a trip to Blackburn a few days before Christmas followed by two home games, against Nottingham Forest on Boxing Day and Derby County on December 29. A trip to west London follows on New Year's Day when City head to Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
The final home fixture is against newly-promoted Blackburn and the season finishes away to Aston Villa.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk