‘Josh vs Jacob, just got to get past Chelsea...’ – Canaries fans eyeing a possible Murphy derby in the FA Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City academy products Josh and Jacob Murphy could be facing each other in the FA Cup, if the Canaries can deal with the small matter of a third round replay at Chelsea.
With that replay teed up by a 0-0 draw at Carrow Road on Saturday, a Stamford Bridge replay on Wednesday, January 17 will decide which team will progress.
This evening's fourth round draw has handed the winner of that replay a home tie against Newcastle United, to be played across the weekend of January 26-29.
If Daniel Farke's team can pull off the unlikely feat of victory over the Premier League giants in their replay, it would mean a potentially memorable day for the Murphy twins.
The 22-year-old were brought up in west Norfolk and were part of City's academy system from the age of eight, becoming first-team regulars having been part of the 2013 FA Youth Cup winning squad.
You may also want to watch:
The identical twins were separated last summer though when Newcastle signed Jacob for around £12.5million, having scored 10 goals in 39 games for Norwich last season.
Jacob has overcome a slow start for the Magpies – the team the twins supported as youngsters despite being born in London – to establish himself in Rafa Benitez's, making 16 Premier League appearances and winning the club's December player-of-the-month award.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
Josh has responded with eight goals in 26 games for the Canaries so far this season, finding his form recently after struggling for consistency earlier in the campaign.