Ex-Norwich City youngster Conor McGrandles seals MK Dons switch
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Conor McGrandles will join League One MK Dons on a free transfer when his Norwich contract officially ends on July 1.
McGrandles was one of a number of youngsters deemed surplus to requirements at Carrow Road but the Scottish midfielder has agreed a two-year deal.
'I'm very pleased to sign here. You never want to be worrying about your future over the off season so to get this done so early is perfect,' he said. 'When I learnt MK Dons were interested, I knew that it would be a great place for me to come to. I know the ambition the club is to get out of the league again and that was a big factor. I know the manager and the coaching staff well too so that was another big draw.
'I'm extremely grateful to MK Dons for giving me this chance and hopefully I can take it. As long as I do what I know I can do then I think they'll be happy with me.'
McGrandles' Norwich career was hampered by a serious double leg break injury suffered during a loan stint at old club Falkirk that limited him to just one senior appearance.
You may also want to watch:
Dons' chief Robbie Neilson wants the 21-year-old to kickstart his career at stadium MK.
'We are delighted to be able to bring Conor in to develop further at MK Dons,' he said, speaking to his club's official site. 'He is a young and hungry player but also brings with him a wealth of experience having played a number of games at first-team level already.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month