Ex-Norwich City star returns with Southampton youngsters
- Credit: Tom Smith/Focus Images Limited
Former Canaries defender Craig Fleming is back in the city on Saturday – plotting the downfall of the club's Under-18s team at the Colney Training Centre.
Fleming is now coaching Southampton's youngsters, having left his role as director of football at Lowestoft Town in February.
'I haven't been back for a while,' said Fleming, whose side will be looking to build on a 4-1 win over Arsenal a week ago. 'It'll be nice to go back and I'm sure it'll be a good game.
'It does add a little bit extra. You could see it last weekend with Olufela (Olomola) and Harley (Willard) against Arsenal, but it shouldn't make a difference. They wanted to prove a point, but that shouldn't end now.'
'The most important thing was the performance and Saturday was by far and away our best,' Fleming added.
'Especially defensively and that was the most pleasing part for me. Spirits have been high. For these guys it is about producing it week-in, week-out.
'It's difficult because there could be a few changes with the under-21 programme starting again, but hopefully the penny has dropped a little bit now.'
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
'We are looking forward to this weekend's game.
'We know Norwich are a more physical team, but I think we will all deal with that. We can't wait for this battle.'
The match kicks off at 11am.