Ex-Norwich City stalwart Age Hareide takes charge of Denmark
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City stalwart Age Hareide is the new national coach of Denmark.
Hareide, who made 54 appearances for the Canaries between 1982 and 1984 before returning to his native Norway after a previous spell in England at Manchester City, replaces Morten Olsson after signing a two-year deal, with the option for a further two years.
The 62-year-old carved out a successful coaching career with clubs like Brondby, Helsingborgs and Malmo who he led to the Swedish league and cup double in 2014 before resigning last week.
Hareide was also in charge of the Norwegian national side between 2003 and 2008 after earning 50 caps for his country as a player. His main task will be guiding Denmark's bid to reach the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia, with qualification due to start next autumn.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region