Ex-Canaries star Grant Holt devastated as injury ends his season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Canaries striker Grant Holt says he is 'gutted' after being ruled out for nine months with a knee injury.
The 33-year-old, now at Wigan, was on loan at Huddersfield when he limped off in the Boxing Day draw against Rotherham.
'Absolutely gutted is an understatement,' said Holt, who scored 68 goals in a four-year-spell at Carrow Road which saw City climb from League One to the Premier League in successive seasons.
'To hear the outcome is bitterly disappointing.
'I think everyone knows I wanted to come back and show everyone what I'm about.
You may also want to watch:
'I think people saw that in me when I was out on loan, I was sharp and enjoying my football again, but yes, it's a big low point at the moment.'
Wigan boss Malky Mackay said: 'It's devastating news for the boy and we'll do all we can to get him back as quickly and as safely as possible.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low