Ex-Canaries assistant Lee Clark tips big future for Jacob Murphy
- Credit: PA
Lee Clark has tipped Jacob Murphy to become a regular in Norwich City's first team – just weeks after bringing the youngster's loan spell at Blackpool to an ignominious end.
Murphy, below, was playing a starring role on loan at the Championship strugglers, but his joy came to an abrupt end in late December when a photograph mocking their plight circulated on social media.
Clark was left with no option but to send the winger home – with a heavy heart.
'He was brilliant for us, a fantastic young player and fantastic to have about the place,' said Clark. 'He had been sensational for us, we loved having him around. He was a good boy and he made an error of judgment and I was sad to see him go but I was left with no other option. I didn't want to do it.'
However, Clark – who brings Blackpool to Carrow Road tomorrow – believes Murphy is in the right place and has the requisite skills to carve out a good career.
You may also want to watch:
'I have got no doubt he has a big career ahead of him, no doubt at all, and I am certain he is going to follow his brother into the first team at Norwich,' said the former Canaries assistant manager.
'He is at a fantastic club with great people behind the scenes and supporters who turn out in huge numbers at home and away. He's at the perfect place for his career right now – in an ideal world I would have loved him to have been with us still, but it was not be, which is a shame.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'