How England’s World Cup progress has helped Norwich City fans
- Credit: PA
England's World Cup defeat to Belgium has avoided potential pre-season clashes for Norwich City supporters.
Qualifying for the knockout stages in second place has sent the Three Lions into a preferable half of the draw for Canaries fans – if they can get past Colombia in the last 16.
Had they won their group England would have been on a path to a quarter-final on Friday, July 6 (7pm), on the same evening that Norwich play King's Lynn Town in their first pre-season friendly.
If they managed to advance to the semi-finals they would be facing a Tuesday, July 10 (7pm) fixture, the same evening that City are due to travel to League Two side Lincoln City for another friendly.
Instead, Gareth Southgate's side are now on course for a potential quarter-final on Saturday, July 7 (3pm) and semi-final on Wednesday, July 11 (7pm), avoiding any Canaries clashes.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, they need to get past Colombia on Tuesday first, who are 16th in the Fifa rankings, with England 12th.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named