England call-ups for Norwich City duo Nathan Redmond and Josh Murphy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond will be part of Gareth Southgate's 23-man England Under-21 squad for next week's crucial Euro2015 U21 play-off ties against Croatia's under-21s.
Southgate's side take on the Croats in the first leg at Wolves' Molineux home on Friday, October 10 before travelling to Vinkovci for the second leg on Tuesday October 14.
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw rejoins the squad and Arsenal defender and former England U19s captain Calum Chambers receives his first Under-21s call-up, having made his senior debut last month.
The Young Lions are without injured trio James Ward-Prowse, Nathaniel Chalobah and Danny Ings. Redmond is scheduled to meet up with the England under-21s at St George's Park after the Canaries Championship game against Roterham this weekend.
Meanwhile, Josh Murphy is included in Adiy Boothroyd's travelling England under-20 party for a three-nation tournament in Holland next week. Boothroyd's squad will face their German, Dutch and Turkish counterparts. Murphy scored his first league goal for the Canaries in the 3-1 Championship win at Blackpool and was also on target for his country in England U20s' 6-0 romp over Romania.
You may also want to watch:
City's senior stars Russell Martin and Steven Whittaker are on World Cup duty for Scotland and Wes Hoolahan is in the provisional Republic of Ireland squad for upcoming qualifying ties against Gibraltar and Germany.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000