Elliott Bennett and Luciano Becchio both score in Norwich City’s 5-1 development win over Bolton’s Under-21s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett scored in his first 90-minute outing since knee ligament surgery in Friday's thumping 5-1 development league win over Bolton's Under-21s at Carrow Road.
Luciano Becchio was also on target for the Canaries in a routine win for stand-in coach Jerry Gill with Mark Robson now part of Neil Adams' first team backroom staff for the Premier League run-in.
Bennett struck two minutes before the interval after stepping up his comeback following last week's 70-minute development league run out at Liverpool. Becchio was another over-age outfield player which suggested he will not be involved at Fulham on Saturday with the rest of Adams' squad travelling to London on Friday afternoon.
Zach Clough nudged the Trotters ahead after just five minutes but Carlton Morris plundered a quickfire brace before Bennett lashed home from just inside the box.
Becchio slotted from close range after impressive work from Norman who sealed the win with a thumping long range hit. City's win moved then back into the top half of the table in their bid to be in the top tier next season ahead of a two-division split at the end of this current campaign.
• Norwich City U21s: Matthews, McNeil, Awuah, Grant, McFadden (c), Gafaiti, Bennett, Norman (Randall 88), Becchio, Hall-Johnson (Byrne-Hewitt 74), Morris (Hodd 85). Subs (not used): Killip, Lokko.
- 1 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 6 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 7 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 9 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 10 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
• Goals: Morris (13, 15), Bennett (43), Becchio (60), Norman (63).
• Bolton U21s: Lee-Barrett, Maher, Kellett, Threlkeld (c), Holding, Woodland (Walker 70), Lester, White, Iliev, Clough (Thomas 66), Youngs (Wickinson 63). Subs (not used): Campbell, Bastos.
• Goal: Clough (5)