Young defender confirms he is leaving Norwich City this summer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young defender Michee Efete has confirmed he is leaving Norwich City this summer.
The 21-year-old's contract expires at the end of this season, having spent the current campaign on loan in the National League with Torquay United.
Efete made 26 appearances as the Gulls slipped to relegation to step two of the non-league pyramid, largely playing at right-back, and has confirmed his future is away from Norwich.
Posting on his Twitter account, Efete said: 'Would like to wish @NorwichCityFC all the best in the future & thank all the staff, players and fans that have supported me over the last seven years.'
Last summer the former Crystal Palace academy player spent time on loan in Iceland with Breidablik, making nine appearances, and had a one-year option in his contract triggered by City.
The Londoner was a key player for the club's under-23s last season, starting almost every game as the development squad reached the semi-finals of two cup competitions.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 6 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 7 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 8 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 9 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently