Young defender confirms he is leaving Norwich City this summer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young defender Michee Efete has confirmed he is leaving Norwich City this summer.
The 21-year-old's contract expires at the end of this season, having spent the current campaign on loan in the National League with Torquay United.
Efete made 26 appearances as the Gulls slipped to relegation to step two of the non-league pyramid, largely playing at right-back, and has confirmed his future is away from Norwich.
Posting on his Twitter account, Efete said: 'Would like to wish @NorwichCityFC all the best in the future & thank all the staff, players and fans that have supported me over the last seven years.'
Last summer the former Crystal Palace academy player spent time on loan in Iceland with Breidablik, making nine appearances, and had a one-year option in his contract triggered by City.
The Londoner was a key player for the club's under-23s last season, starting almost every game as the development squad reached the semi-finals of two cup competitions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman