WATCH ex-Canaries midfielder score wonder goal
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City midfielder Ebou Adams scored a brilliant goal for new club Ebbsfleet in a pre-season friendly against Gillingham.
The 22-year-old, who left the Canaries this summer, capped off a stunning passing move with an acrobatic finish into the top corner as Fleet surprised their League One counterparts.
'It was good build-up play and to finish it off how I did was really good,' Adams told the BBC. 'To see it go in the back of the net, to go top corner, is a relief. It was good to play against the Gills, a League One side, a performance like that from the lads was really good. The build-up play was one-twos and in and around – and that's how we are, that's how we want to play. We play neat and nice football, quick, as the goal itself showed from the build-up.'
MORE: Former City ace returns to his homelandAdams failed to make the grade at Carrow Road following a switch from non league Dartford.
However, the combative Gambian international impressed during a loan spell at Leyton Orient last season and reportedly rejected Football League offers to join Ebbsfleet this summer.
The Fleet fans will be licking their lips at what's to come if he can live up to his goal at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm enjoying myself here and I'm enjoying the team and management, ' he said. 'They're all looking after me. I've not regretted it for one moment. Since I walked into the club [everyone] has been welcoming and that's what you want as a new player, to come in and settle right in. That shows literally in how we're playing football, really well and I'm not regretting it at all. I've come here to build myself, become a better player and enjoy myself and I feel this is the right club for me.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp