‘He reminds me of someone like a young Paul Ince’ – Ebbsfleet sign midfielder following Norwich City release
- Credit: Archant
Ebou Adams has signed for National League side Ebbsfleet United following his Norwich City release.
The midfielder was one of nine youngsters told last month that they would not be getting a new Canaries contract and the 22-year-old has moved quickly to secure his future.
Adams becomes Ebbsfleet's first signing of the summer, following a successful loan in the top tier of non-league with Leyton Orient, scoring one goal in 19 games.
Orient, who finished in mid-table, had been keen to sign the Gambia international but Ebbsfleet have swooped following a season in which they missed out on promotion to League Two when beaten 4-2 by Tranmere in extra-time of the play-off semi-finals.
'He's box-to-box, powerful, good on the ball,' manager Daryl McMahon said. 'He reminds me of someone like a young Paul Ince.
'He's young, he's hungry, he can do both sides of the game. He can play, he can run and I think he's got huge, huge potential as well.'
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to his club's website, McMahon added: 'He likes what he's seen. He thinks we're progressive as a club. He's coming to us because he's looked at our squad and how we performed last season.'
Adams was signed by Norwich in January 2016 after breaking through with National League side Dartford and the Londoner became a key player for City's under-23s the following season.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Man and woman found dead in home
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
That led to eight appearances while on loan at League One club Shrewsbury during the first half of this season, before a more profitable spell with Orient, where he won the O's goal of the season award.