Dumic poised to leave Canaries to head home
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby. 'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman.
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby.
'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman. 'The deal has not yet been completed.'
The EDP understands that although Dumic, 17, will leave on a free transfer, City have negotiated a substantial sell-on clause for Dumic, with further payment due on appearances.
Brondby's talent chief, Kim Vilfort, has earmarked Dumic for a role with the club's under-19s and reserves team - and a possible replacement for youngster Nicolai Boilesen, who recently joined Ajax.
'He plays the same position as Boilesen and since we do not exactly abound in defensive players in the age group, he fits well in here,' said Kim Vilfort. 'He is a talented player who we've known for a long time.'
Dumic joined City's academy as a full-time scholar in the summer of 2008 and signed his first professional contract a year later.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 5 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 6 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 9 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles
He made his first team debut as a substitute for Jon Otsemobor in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Swindon in November.