Dream chance for nine Norwich City hopefuls
Norwich City have confirmed the nine youngsters that will join the club's Academy from next season.
The group, which includes the Murphy twins from King's Lynn, will have two years to continue their football development – which could end with a first professional contract at Carrow Road, putting them alongside the likes of past graduates Chris Martin, Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi.
Academy manager Ricky Martin said: 'I would like to wish all nine boys the best of luck and hope they enjoy long and successful careers at Norwich City.'
The new nine are:
• Harry Barker – defender, Norwich: Has been with City since the age of nine. A strong and athletic defender who likes to get forward and support attacks, Harry has been a regular at under-16 level this season.
You may also want to watch:
• Rian Carroll – midfielder, Hatfield: Signed for the club in 2008 as an under-13 and is a successful graduate of City's Hatfield Development Centre; a combative midfielder.
• Reece Hall-Johnson – midfielder, Cambridgeshire: With City since 2006, he is a skilful, attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. Named player of the season at the recent tour to Belgium.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
• Cameron McGeehan – midfielder, Surrey: Signed following his release from Chelsea last season. A good appreciation of the game with a good passing range, he is a regular for Northern Ireland Under-16s and has recently been called into the Under-17 squad for their Uefa Championships.
• Jacob Murphy – forward/winger, King's Lynn: Joined as an under-12 in 2006 and is a versatile attacking player who is equally comfortable operating on either wing or as a striker.
• Joshua Murphy – forward/winger, King's Lynn: Joshua also signed as an under-12 alongside his twin brother, Jacob. Possesses good speed and athleticism and is able to play in a number of attacking roles.
• Joe Peacock – midfielder, Cambridgeshire: Joined as an under-14; a skilful, creative player who can play anywhere across the midfield. Joe is very quick and has an excellent work ethic.
• Dominic St Louis – forward, Watford: Arriving as an under-15 and another graduate of the Hatfield centre, hardworking and great speed.
• Harry Toffolo – defender, Hertfordshire: Joined in 2008 as an under-14 and another member from Hatfield, he is a solid left-sided defender who gets himself into advanced attacking positions to support his team.