Double derby date switch for Norwich City’s Championship tussles against Ipswich Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Championship derby tussles against Ipswich Town have been switched to Sundays - with the early-season trip to Portman Road on Sunday August 21 selected for live television.
Alex Neil's squad will aim to maintain their dominance in the East Anglian duel when they travel to Suffolk on August 21 (KO noon), after the game was originally scheduled for August 20.
It will be the first time City have faced Ipswich since the two-legged Championship play-off semi-final in May 2015 and follows on from City's opening home league game of the new season against Sheffield Wednesday also being selected for live Skysports coverage on August 13 (KO 5.30pm).
Meanwhile, the return derby fixture has been moved on police advice from Saturday, February 25 to the following day. The game is now scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 26 (KO noon).
City released a statement on Wednesday afternoon confirming the double derby switch, with the Carrow Road league game next year still subject to possibly being selected for live television coverage.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket information, including sale dates, will be available in due course once confirmed.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort