Delighted Norwich City boss Paul Lambert hails Steve Morison
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert hailed Steve Morison after City cruised past Swansea 3-1 at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon to continue their upward Premier League rise.
Anthony Pilkington struck twice and Russell Martin's glancing first half header helped the Canaries' clinch a third top flight win in four games - but Lambert reserved special praise for the Welsh international.
Morison's header teed up Pilkington for Norwich's first inside the opening seconds to set the tone for a display Lambert ranked up their with the very best.
'That was one of the biggest games I have seen from a number nine in a long, long time,' he said. 'Holty (Grant Holt) has played some big, big games for us but that was definitely up there with any. I thought Morison was exceptional. He was a major player for us. I think they struggled to handle him all afternoon. He has had a tough, long week with Wales but his contribution was immense before he went off with a touch of cramp.
'I don't think any fixture is ever comfortable. We were excellent from start to finish. Swansea had a spell when they scored and came on strongly, but apart from that I thought we were excellent.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 9 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 10 Work on 4,000 new Norfolk homes to start in 2022